This Cajun “Chicken” Alfredo pasta is ready in less than 20 minutes (yes, really!), and is packed with flavor!
Two pasta recipes in two weeks?! #sorrynotsorry. We’re obsessed with Kaizen pasta and didn’t intend to post this Cajun “Chicken” Alfredo Pasta as a full-fledged recipe here on CIK but one bite in and we knew it was too good not to share! This is a semi-homemade recipe, using a mix of pre-made convenience products like the alfredo sauce from Primal Kitchen and the “chicken” from Daring. Do you love semi-homemade recipes as much as we do? They’re easy, on the table FAST, and are nostalgic after watching Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee growing up.
All in all, this dinner took literally 10 minutes to throw together and was one of the, if not THE, best pasta dish we’ve ever made at home. Even compared to our non plant-based, low-carb days. Here’s what you’ll need to recreate this dish in your kitchen:
- Kaizen Pasta – use code SUPERPASTA for 15% off but be warned, you’ll never want to run out 😉 This post isn’t sponsored at all nor is the code an affiliate code – we’re just literally in love and think you should be too
- Daring “Chicken” – we used the Cajun spiced one
- Alfredo Sauce – we used Primal Kitchen’s Alfredo, it’s DELISH
- Parmesan cheese – we used Violife but if you’re not dairy-free, feel free to use regular
- Cherry tomatoes
- Spices – garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cajun seasoning
- Hot sauce – we used a golden habanero hot sauce but almost any type will work here
That’s it! It would also be delicious with some jalapeños or serranos sautéed in with the onion but we didn’t have any the night we made this. This pasta was a sort of “we don’t have anything to eat so let’s see what we can make” and it ended up being the absolute BEST. Don’t you love when that happens? You could also add in a few minced cloves of garlic too. Maybe some mushrooms? Really, go wild.
A good pinch of flaky sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper top it all off and you’re ready to dig in!
A note on net carbs
While this recipe isn’t technically keto as it has roughly 15 net carbs per serving, we think there’s a place for recipes on CIK that are more low-carb than keto. You could slash some carbs by forgoing the onion and if you’re not plant-based, using regular chicken will reduce the carbs substantially as well.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- 1 package Kaizen pasta cooked according to package instructions then drained
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 package Daring Cajun “Chicken”
- ½ medium yellow onion thinly sliced
- 3 large handfuls fresh baby spinach
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce see post for suggestions
- ½ jar Primal Kitchen Alfredo sauce
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan for topping dairy-free if plant-based, we use Violife
- Flaky sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper for topping
Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, cook the "chicken" according to package instructions (if using animal-based chicken, cook for 3-4 minutes per side until crispy).
Add in the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened before adding in the spinach, cherry tomatoes, and spices. Cook just until the spinach is wilted then add in the hot sauce and alfredo sauce. Stir to combine.
Gently fold in the pasta. To serve, top with parmesan, salt, and pepper≥